We’re here to see what’s”Traffic” and how it moves. How it operates and why it’s so important to have when trying to build an online website.
When it comes to the internet and making money it’s all about the traffic (visitors). For people just starting out in affiliate marketing the traffic is the life and blood of all online businesses.
Without traffic (visitors) we would just have dry websites which would be viewed only by ourselves and just for our eyes and entertainment only.
Traffic is the action on which your website is visited. Traffic is the people who come to see what you have to offer.
Traffic is the business that is required for a website to function right. In a normal brick and mortar business traffic would be the customers that comes in looks around, shops in the store with the intent to eventually buy something.
“Accidental Traffic” happens when someone is surfing the internet for 1 of 4 reasons.
- The web surfer has a particular product/service they are trying to locate.
- The web surfer has a problem/issue they want solved.
- The web surfers are just on the internet searching aimlessly for whatever catches their attention.
- The web surfer was just browsing and happened to come across an ad that caught their attention so they clicked on it.
Now you know your doing good when your website is on “Cruise Control”. Having your website on Cruise Control means that your site is getting a good amount of traffic (people) to it daily.
The traffic comes to visit your website with the hopes of either learning about something or to purchase something.
By having people consistently viewing your page it increases the chances of us making some money.
With our website being on cruise control we have the opportunity to concentrate on giving more value to our audience.
By adding more value we allow more traffic to come through and with more traffic we increase the possibility to have someone purchase from us.
Staying Safe (Buckle Up)
“Staying Safe” brings us to knowing that not all traffic is good traffic. There are 3 types of traffic to identify.
- Cold Traffic – These are people who never heard of your business. Cold traffic is where you go to introduce your brand to your target market, to give them value, and show them that you know what you’re talking about.
- Warm Traffic – These people are familiar with your business and market, but they weren’t interested enough to buy yet. They need to be convinced. You’ve already introduced yourself, they’re familiar with who you are and what you’re about.
- Hot Traffic – These are people who have bought something from you. They’ve already committed. They know you really well.
Converting Our Prospects
Converting a prospect is having the ability to take your traffic no matter where they’re at in the buying cycle whether that’s hot, warm, or cold and having them purchase from you.
Turning these prospects into customers is what building an online following is all about. The customers keep the bills paid and the website up and running. Without converting customers the website will fail and become non-productive.
The “Buying Cycle”
I was blessed to find out that there’s a method behind the mindset of a potential customer.
I found out that these are the 6 signs that people usually go through before they purchase a product/service on or offline was eye-opening. Gaining a better understanding of where people might be at in this process can save a lot of stress and effort on our part.
Thanks to W.A. I have learned these 6 tale tell signs and they are:
- Customers rarely buy on their first point of contact to a product
- It topically takes a person 7 times (this could be website visits, email newsletter, etc.) before they make a purchase online.
- Customers do not buy from people they don’t trust
- Customers are exchanging “money” for something that will improve upon their existing situation
- Customers have more access to product information and reviews than they ever have
- Most customers can see through scammy promotions, in fact are turned off
What most guru’s or internet professionals forget to mention or plainly just don’t want to tell us is that getting traffic to your website and converting them comes with hidden secrets.
Getting people to visit your website is one thing, but getting them to stay and purchase is a whole different ball game.
These hidden secrets has to do with having an understanding on what draws potential clients in. These are 3 of the Gems that can have the power and potential to draw in prospects and convert them.
- The “Content” you present is everything. Having the ability to keep people drawn in to read your thoughts, opinions, or expertise is how visitors convert into buyers. When it comes to content you need to make sure it’s readable, relatable, and understandable.
- “Visibility” has to do with having your website being visually attractive and inviting to the visitors. Having a website that doesn’t make sense visually or has no sense of direction for the visitors to navigate through can have visited leave very quickly.
- A “Landing Page” is where a potential client is directed to after they click on an ad that you posted on some sort of social media platform. A “Landing Page” has to look the part as if it was a part of the product/service you’re promoting. The more similar the landing page is to the actual product/service the more credible you will be to having people believe what you’re selling is legit.
I Called Shotgun
In conclusion, finding out about traffic and how it works will propel your website to even higher conversions which will give you quicker speeds and better rates to turn those prospects into reoccurring customer.
So sit back enjoy the ride and let the internet and all its workings guide you to prosperity.